reasons


I've been up since 6 am. I think I'm a morning person at heart. Already I've worked at the clinic (filing and laundry) for almost an hour, read some awesome blog entries, talked to 2 friends, and given Lilly a bottle. Waking early makes me feel so productive and I've still got the rest of my day. On the agenda for the day:work at Journey on kid stuff, organize files on computer, burn iPhoto pictures to CD's, label CD's that already are full, clean house, scrapbook at least one layout. Okay, I'll stop now. We'll see how accomplished I am by this afternoon!

Since I woke up early this morning I've been pondering and praying a little. There's so much I'm thankful for so I thought I'd share some of it with you.

Reasons I love being mom to a 7.5 month old:

1. listening to her coo and babble for 15 minutes after she wakes up

2. being able to still hold her whole little body so tight

3. seeing incredible firsts, like getting on all fours ready to begin crawling

4. she still stays where I put her (for now) (physically)

5. watching her face light up when mom or dad comes into the room

Reasons I love being mom to a 3.9 year old:

1. hearing spontaneous "I Love you, Mommy"s throughout the random day

2. getting incredible hugs and kisses

3. seeing pride in firsts, like big girl haircuts and getting ready for preschool

4. she's always physically right beside me, by choice

5. watching her face light up when mom or dad comes into the room

This is truly the short list. I know the best is yet to come, although the best is here now and was here "then". Make your own lists of reasons and enjoy today!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Sipes said...

Those are all very good reasons. I have to admit being a mommy to a 10 month has those advantages also. I just love reading your blogs. They really are very touching!! Thank you!

8/25/2006 08:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home