our house

is a very, very, very fine house. with 2 kids and a dog, life used to be so hard, now....da da da da....imagine Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Everyone with me?

I've had in mind a blog post documenting our house before we get packed up and move out but first I had 2 things to do: figure out how Jeff plays music on his posts (I'm fascinated with this) and clean my house.

Neither of these happened and I got the fancy to go ahead with my "we're moving, I'm sentimental, sappy Kristy" post. So, I pulled out the ever handy Koday Easyshare Z760 and got to work. Took pictures of some of my favorite things about this old house. First, I must say that I LOVE my house. This house represents so much to me. Mike remodeled it for us while I was pregnant with Abby so we have lots of good memories here. He and our friends and family spent lots of hours of hard labor here. We really put ourselves into this house, making it "us"!

Here's some shots of my favorite things! I decided against cleaning first and to just go with it and document the way things really are here. The carport looks like I run a daycare (I don't), the table is cluttered, the LR is a mess, the baby is sleeping (AHHHHH), but this is an oddly typical day around my house!

1. my wife/mom/homemaker quote. it reminds me of what's really important and it's red and old-fashioned, such a great combo! It also hangs over the kitchen table because in my house growing up I have such great kitchen-table memories (but mostly not for meals:) sorry mom! the kitchen was the life of our house with friends over often to play cards, visit, whatever!

2. the outside front of my house. love the shaded driveway and big front window.

3. the LR with Abby watching TV on the couch. Don't know what it is about taking the cushions apart on the couch. Oh, and the framed artwork Uncle D got me for my first BD after Mike and I were married...love it! And the rocking chair that my Pappaw bought my mom while pregnant with me (awwwwwww!) I'm so sentimental...

4. the deep, white kitchen sink with tall faucet and my favorite curtains in the house. one apron belonged to my granny and the other I picked up in Canton. It is the vintage state kind-Alaska, where we honeymooned (Mark, it's fabulous, you and Angela need to go)

5. the bathroom sink was my favorite purchase for remodeling

6. Lilly's room. love it! it's my favorite room in the house because of the 2 windows (corner room) and it's painted yellow so it's always very light...

7. Abby's room-normally a beautiful mess which means a blessed, lively little girl is here, but not so much a mess today (thanks Kate) :)

8. stampin' space in all it's glory. Man, i'm gonna miss this! I know it looks very scary and you can't really tell where the floor piles end and the desk piles begin but let's face it, this is the real Kristy and how I create...very messy!

9. remnants of my last stampin' club at this locale (kitchen table). sniff, sniff, sniff. Maybe I should wait even longer than my usual 24 hours to clean it up and just enjoy it!

I'm so glad our home is not really bricks and mortar...it makes it okay to let go and move on, huh?

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

thanks michelle. actually we're not moving far at all right now. we're temporarily renting a mobile home from mike's dad here in town while we figure out what we want and save some $$$$$ :) don't worry, i will still have a stampin' space!

7/23/2006 02:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GALLEEGEE! I am even melancholy from that post!! I think I am too attached to the house as well!!

7/23/2006 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

If that old kitchen table could talk! Since everyone came in the back door it was just natural to stop at the table and sit down. There was many a card game played, many cups of coffee drank, many bowls of chili eaten, many prayers said and much laughter sitting at that table. Everyone should experience that kind of good fellowship at some time in their life and I am so glad you have good memories of it. I really miss those days! (And the meal remark does not offend me - cooking is not one of my favorite occupations).

But as you said a house does not make a home. Love and hospitality do. So wherever you live do just as you are doing now . . . open your heart and your home and laugh often with those who pass thru the doors of both.

7/24/2006 08:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helps me, too, with the thought of moving.. .I am now newly inspired to make my house a home:) Great blog!

7/26/2006 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow...what a great blog....praying for you in the moving process.

7/27/2006 08:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, I remember another use of that kitchen table - a Monopoly game between you, Mike, Rachel, Natalie, and me that lasted until way after midnight and then extended into the next day. We just left the table AS IT WAS. As hard as we tried to "break Mike" he still beat the tar out of us.TWO TIMESNO LESS!!!! Love, GM Doris

8/01/2006 04:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home