pangs

I'm not sure when my blog became so random but I've been trying to think of something to write about all day. I don't like this new phase of blogdom where it's not coming so easily.

I am missing some things (and people) latley. The beginning of the school year always brings back the tiniest, short-lived pangs of missing teaching. Mike and I are totallly committed and feel very strongly about my being home with the girls as much as possible-but STILL after 4 years out of the classroom, I miss the first weeks of school. Every year about this time while students are getting ready to go back and teachers are working long, hard hours preparing themselves and their classrooms I breathe a sigh of relief that it's not me - and wish it were at the same time. I wonder if I'll ever go back and wonder if it will be too late and I will feel like an ailien in a foreign land by the time I do. I have loved the beginning of the school year all my life. It signals growth, new beginnings, change. Plus fall is my favorite season and I know it's just around the corner. I mean, summer is great in it's own relaxed way, but I'm such a creature of habit, I thrive on a routine, and who doesn't love new supplies! I will just keep wondering for a while and enjoy my time and this season of my life!

I'm also missing Susanne. It's hitting me hard that she's moving/moved. She and I connected so quickly when they first moved here. Abby and the boys played many, many hours together and we had so much in common. It was an instant close friendship (very rare for me)! Suzi, I know we can keep in touch, we'll be friends in spite of the miles, blah, blah, cliche, blah... but it doesn't help at the moment. I miss you...you are so incredibly unique. You've taught me so much and helped me so much with my walk with the Lord. I'm glad to have shared part of the journey with you. Thanks for always being you and sharing your life with me! I should stop now and go write a card instead of airing this on the blog...I hope you all have friends like Susanne!

Now that I've probably gotten everybody down I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is a new day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

you are allowed to make me cry, but i want a little pick me up at the end! you can't end a blog like that! didn't anyone tell you the rules?
great blog, as always. keep 'em coming!

8/21/2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

okay, okay, brandy. now that I read back through it's really sad, huh? it's okay though. I'm truly happy for matt and susanne and the new job and new beginning and new duplex and new baby on the way, and...that's enough. really, I'm okay, she's gonna be okay. it's all good!

8/21/2006 12:51:00 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I was totally going to change my blog skin to this! I was waiting for a block of time to do it. I love this one! I will refrain from changing it now! I wanted this one earlier--that is the reason for my color scheme on my blog. Anyways, I want a friend. Come over and scrap okay!

8/22/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Okay, so you have got to come out and show me how to fancy up my blog. You know I want to keep up on the latest stuff.

8/22/2006 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

This is my background too-I love it,but dont know if it quite says "ME" Anyhow,I feel the same way about Suzanne,and miss her dearly,even after knowing her for such a short while....

8/22/2006 03:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

To all who loved the new blog scheme... Kristy made me change it back. So Angela, knock yourself out!

8/22/2006 06:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home