ya' never know!

This is my favorite story right now and I've already told some of my blog readers but it's too good to not share. Yesterday Abby went to Riley's for the afternoon (thanks Jordyn) to play while Brandi, Lilly, and I went on a little road trip. When we got home we were in a hurry to get to a meeting so I didn't even look at the mess in his room. In the car, I said, "Abby, is Riley's room a mess?" Her reply, "Ya never know, Mom!" I had to get her to repeat herself twice before I understood and burst into laughter. Where does she come up with these things?

Other noteworthy news...I am the proud drive of a mini-van (GASP)! How did I get here? It's like I was just 16 saying "I'll never drive a mini-van!" Then I woke up and I'm 29 driving a mini-van with 2 little girls in tow. time warp. Anyway, Mike and I just read this incredible book called the Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. It's awesome. It's perfect for us and we paid cash for my wheels. It's the only way to go in our book! I still can't believe I have a car after 2 years of being a one-vehicle family. Watch out mini-van driving moms and dads. I'm in your ranks now!

9 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

What kind of Van is it..? I thought you were driving the Noble's. Did you buy their van? Everyone in the financial industry would be very proud of you for paying cash for your van! You guys are doing great!

8/09/2006 08:29:00 AM  
Blogger Lou Arnold said...

Congrats on the new wheels!! can't wait till we have two cars!

8/09/2006 09:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe you bit the bullet! What is this world coming to? Find your camera and post a photo of you and the new van. Being in NM, I need photos!!!!!

8/09/2006 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

yeah, everyone but the finance companies! HA! Hang in there Lou, you can make it if I did for 2.5 years!!! It's so hard and you so feel like the only one but you're not...we're proof for each other! Okay, Carolyn, I will get Mike to make my picture tomorrow!

8/09/2006 11:18:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny Sipes said...

YIPPY!! I CANT IMAGINE MY OWN COUSIN KRISTY DRIVING A MINI VAN!! LOL! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW RIDE. WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER ONE DAY AND HANG OUT WITH THE BABIES! WOULD BE VERY FUN!! LOVE YA

8/10/2006 07:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl. You have to accept the fact that one can never start a sentence with "I will never... because more than likely you will one day eat crow. You just need to get over the "mini-van" bias and realize it is the BEST thing since sliced bread...I love my van and I am proud to have wheels that my whole family can ride in and have room to spare. I think that now that you have "seen the light" you will LOVE your van too..Congrats! I love Abby's reply! Our kids are cards! Love you girl!

8/10/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled about your mini van. You badly needed the room. I'll never forget Mike, with his long legs folded, sitting in the back seat last week with both the girls car seats!!!!! Did you buy the doctor's in Little Rock that you looked at on Saturday night when we had dinner with "M" and Paddy? What a fun time I had with Lilly and Abby on that trip. You're right! Abby can come up with things to say that astound me. I laughed when Lilly droped her pacifier on the floor. Abby look at me very seriously and said, "Grandma Doris, you need to wash that as it might have hair on it." Out of the mouth of babes. GM Doris

8/11/2006 08:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The van really didn't surprise me. You were already on that slippery slope the minute you got pregnant with the second! What did our parents do though? I guess that was back in the day when no one got to bring any toys with them, we didn't eat in the car, and carseats were nonexistent. Congrats for your own set of wheels girl. Now you can come visit in comfort!

8/11/2006 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger DEBTective said...

Dollface, I just wanted to say I'm big-time proud of you for getting on board with Dave Ramsey's debt free plan. It makes tons of sense, doesn't it? Great luck on deep-sixing your debt and way to go, baby! www.debtective.com

10/25/2006 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home