annoyingly awake


Newsflash....Kristy is NOT getting enough sleep lately. Again! And now it's not the baby's fault. I'm not sure whose fault or what's fault it is, but definitely not the baby. I guess except for the cheapo diapers I did try and they have leaked like 5 out of 7 nights and my little sweetie woke up all wet. At first I didn't realize and just kept trying to stuff the pacifier back in her mouth. It didn't last, not to worry! At any rate, changing crib sheets is no fun anytime of day, but especially not fun at 3 am.

Tonight we had Praise Band practice til' 11:30 pm. All to get ready for the Southeast Arkansas Marriage and Parenting Retreat this weekend. I'm not on the right browser to link up within my post so go to Journey Church in my link list over here and check it out. (right after you finish reading all this). It's going to be awesome and the place where we're playing rules!!!!! Now if I could just learn what notes are in a C# minor chord we'd all be doing great :) Oh, and when to play and when to clap. It's a wonder the band allows me. Really. By the grace of God I'm in with this incredible group of musicians. I truly enjoy it! In case you come and begin to wonder to yourself, "HMMM, Why does Kristy not have a microphone and everyone else does?" There is a reason - I can't sing and play at the same time and I've never bothered trying now that I think of it. Maybe it'll become a future goal. Right after learning c# minor and when to quit playing and start clapping. Anyway, come listen, come learn, come be with all of us praise banders and have a great weekend. You're all invited!

I can think of nothing else to say and I'm not sleepy yet. This is insane. I'm wide awake but not so wide awake that I want to do anything productive like clean house or wash clothes or read. Just wide awake in a very annoying sort of way. So, goodnight. Maybe. Maybe not ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

you CRACK ME UP!!!!!!!!! it was a fun rehearsal. . .just keep telling yourself. . .c#,e,g#. . .over and over again:)
:) :) hope ya got some sleep!

8/24/2006 07:34:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny Sipes said...

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!! I HAVENT SLEPT MUCH LATELY EITHER. DONT KNOW WHAT MY PROBLEM IS BUT I AM JUST NOT!! ANYWAY HOPE YOU GOT A LITTLE SLEEP!! LOVE YA

8/24/2006 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin Stoxe said...

Quit beating up on yourself....You are a great addition to the Praise Band.
You don't have a microphone....so...
wait till the day that they tell you, that you are on and sound good, and come to find out, you're not even plugged up. That's when you feel useless.... It's like one day they all got together and said, let's give Kevin a microphone and a direct box and (wink wink) he will think that he is rockin!!!

8/26/2006 05:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home