blog mysteries

hmmmmm. My plan was to see if I could do a whole post using correct capitalization. Good thing I'm not a secretary as my typing has gotten horrendous with the recent technology boom. So far I'm doing better. Okay! My great blog mystery began yesterday afternoon. Here's the story. I got home from running errands (something I do way too much now that I have a vehicle) to find that my website was just a black screen. No picture of half-tied ribbons, no text, no links, no nothing. Just darkness. My first thought was, "AAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! I've wasted 6 months of journaling, just like when I've been known to burn diaries, only that was on purpose and this wasn't. What in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks has happened, oh my cow. YIKES!!!!!" Really that was more like my first five thoughts but you get the picture. . Then I did what I always do in a crisis like this. I emailed Jeff asking for an explanation and hoping he'd burst into giddy laughter meaning that it was a well-intentioned prank or something. But, he had no such response. So he happily went in and changed my template. Lots! First it was some top-secret file looking thing. Then it was something else, then magic paper that I couldn't bear. So I went with the girlie tropical flower looking theme. Still couldn't like it...so then I had to email Jeff begging for him to fix it to my old trusty black and white with the half-tied ribbons picture because he had copied and pasted my blog template, not me. Crazy, I know. But the title wouldn't be so great without the great picture. Now I'm thinking that I need to go and change my password because this might just become an entertaining game for Jeff when he has any spare time on his hands. I could see him thinking, "HMMMMMM, wonder if Kristy will laugh at the Desperate Housewives" template. Scary, scary, scary. All this to tell you that I am such a complicated person. I love and hate change at the same time. I like my traditional ribbon photo and the black and white crisp look. It's a classic, if I do say so myself. And to all you folks who think I have a clue about blog templates and downloading photos and such as this....I don't. I've always made it my job to know the right folks:) So, no more asking help. I don't know how to help you. Heck, I just figured out how to place the photos in the text where I want them instead of all in a random blob together. Thanks Jeff!

Speaking of photos, here's some cards I created for a card swap and a workshop last week.




And here's the girls. Abby put Lilly in one of her toy baskets because according to her "that's what sisters do, Mom!". I think she thinks that if she says anything with confidence and that cute little smile I'll go for it and laugh. And usually, she's right!



My 2 babies are still up and it's almost 10 pm. I dread the day we go to school and have to have a bedtime because we say all the time, "Next week it's 8 o'clock bedtime." Yeah, right! It's yet to happen!

12 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Forget what I said about knowing how to place the photos where I want. I obviously don't and the blog template has already been screwed up. I give up!!!!

8/22/2006 08:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, drat! I was so looking forward to your help with a new look for my blog. But I did wonder why you did away with the ribbons.

Oh, Jeffffff.......

Mom

8/22/2006 08:54:00 PM  
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

well, i know those "help" comments were targeted at me, but i don't listen very well. . .so how do you get the pictures where you want them? not kidding :) school me!

8/22/2006 09:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

woops! didn't read your comment before i left mine! i guess we both need schooling!

8/22/2006 09:01:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

You just copy and move the text of the pictures once it's downloaded. I will have to call you tomorrow Brandy. I think I know why mine weren't right. I had them on the bubble that says RIGHT intead of center or something. No, it wasn't directed at you, actually, I couldn't even remember who all has asked me about my picture being the title thingy. Sorry, no offense meant for sure!

Mom, if you can figure out how to change the colors surely you can figure out anything else. Love you! :)

8/22/2006 09:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang, you're having a rough time of it aren't ya Hon? Sorry to see that.
I got super frustrated with blogger and packed up and moved LOL I was almost ripping my hair out and I can't afford to lose anymore than already lands in the bathroom sink LOL
Love the pics of your cards and the Girls....those lil ones of your's always looks so sweet and happy, makes my heart smile!
Hope tomorrow is a better day for ya!

8/22/2006 09:54:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I was wondering what was going on yesterday. I checked your site a couple of times and it was different each time. Call me about getting these cousins toghether. Time is going by so fast. I think that Lily is a lot bigger than Valeri. Is she crawling?

8/23/2006 06:58:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I don't know if you've noticed but if you scroll all the way down your blog it starts all over again. Might need to call Jeff again.

8/23/2006 07:02:00 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I bet it was Jeff all along! That trickster. I am about ready to call him too! Mark is overhauling my blog and he is stuck trying to get a picture in the title spot. It's really pretty too. Don't worry, if you want to use the dream one go right ahead. No interest now that I've seen what Mark's looks like.

8/23/2006 11:00:00 AM  
Blogger Mark W. said...

Hey, the capitalization looks great though...er...except for the title and the first word, "Hmmm."

Just kidding!

Renovating a blog is such a joy! (at least in the biblical sense of "counting it all joy" when falling into technologically nefarious trials!)

8/23/2006 03:13:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Mark, thanks for noticing my grammatical efforts. At least I think that falls under the category of grammatical. None of my blog posts have had a capitalization so I couldn't bear to begin now. Not capitalizing has fascinated me since I was a child and learned that ee cummings didn't capitalize his name. It dumbfounded the "rule follower"esque part of me. Always has!

8/23/2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Steph, yep, we do need to get the kiddos together again soon. I will ring once i get this weekend marrige thing out of the way and behind us. Things should slow down a little then.

8/23/2006 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home