home at last!




Ahhhh, what a great week last week. I'm such a creature of habit and it was so good for me to be out of my routine for a while and see things from a new perspective. Keeps things interesting. Not to mention my blog "fast" for over a week now! I've got so much to share that I'm sure it will come out a big jumbled mess so feel free to ask questions and we'll make this entry more interactive than ever!!!

The whole trip to CT was such a God thing in our lives right now. Some big things it taught me or reinforced in me :

1. God is in control-no matter what we do or don't do, He's in control!

2. Although people in different places around the world (even in the US) are different and unique in so many ways, we're also all the same in so many ways, we're all human and imperfect and need God...

3. One of my life's missions is to encourage others in the Lord. This is becoming more and more clear to me and things are starting to fall into place to make me see this...over time, it's proven true and even more so last week. My main concern was encouraging the leaders of Northeast Community Church and trying to make sure they were spurred on! Brandy, a fellow missionary was asked by a man in CT what her life mission was and it really got me to thinking about mine. Thanks for sharing your conversation with Frank with the team, Brandy!

4. I am still passionate about working with children with special needs. It was incredible working with Bryan for the week and it made me realize that even after being an at-home mom for almost 4 years now, I still love other kids, espeically those with disabilities!

5. My first "mission trip" with Mike. How great God is to allow us to partner for Him-what a joy to really dig in and step out in faith together! That was so cool!

6. What an awesome group to travel with. Kevin, Tammie, Nick, Amy, Jennifer, Brandy, Misty and Ryan... you guys are great. Thanks for putting up with me. I enjoyed so much getting to know you all on another level and seeing so many strengths that I didn't know were there. As such and independent person, it was good for me to be with a team and function in a group.


A huge shout out to all you Connecicites, Connectucutians, or whatever you are called there....we love you and will remember you forever. Thanks for your graciousness, hospitality and love for each other and us. It was a great week! Celia, you rock! Mark and Nancy, ditto...Mike especially liked the vette ride! We had an awesome time serving the Lord alongside you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Ann James said...

I really enjoyed you guys sharing today at church. It was very inspirational! Makes me want to go on a mission trip soon!!!

7/16/2006 07:16:00 PM  
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

I found you on some of the other blogs I read-Sounds like you had a great trip and it is great you are drawn to special needs children,they are the ones who need someone to care about them more than anyone.Great Post!

7/17/2006 11:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great being around you, Mike, and Lilly all week. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world!

7/17/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cant believe its already come and gone. I wish all of our friends and family could have experienced it with us.

7/17/2006 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home