who's bloggin' next?

Wow, the blog world has just exploded I think. I wasn't going to write anything today but just found out 3 more girlfriends are blogging now...I think it's contagious. Welcome Angela, Tammie, and Diana. I'm so glad I'll get to secretly see all about what's going on in your world too ! It's so funny how I'm addicted to reading some blogs. I read 2 complete strangers' and it's like I know them or something. It's a weird personality quirk of mine. I also love it when I can see into someone's home at night. Don't know why I'm so curious as to how other people live.

I got back on the exercise bandwagon this last week since Diana started the Weight No More group at Journey last Monday. She's making us weigh in each week which I think is a splendid idea. It's really motivated me this week. I've been walking 4 times since then. It was tough to find the time but I made myself do it. Wednesday before small group I took the girls and went to the park to walk by myself. I'm so glad no one came with their camera because I'm sure it was hysterical and that I looked like a pack horse. I had Lilly (now 3 months) strapped onto my person in a little front carrier called a snuggli while pushing Abby (3 years old) in a big wheeled jogging stroller. I had it going on, let me tell ya! If you really want to make walking a workout like never before just come borrow my kids. I was concerned that Lil was getting shaken-baby syndrome though because I walk so rough. So on all the straight stretches I was holding her head tight against me and pushing the stroller one handed...not pretty! Maybe the aerobics video at home would be a better bet but just not as much fun for the general public to observe :)

Oh, and speaking of changes due to Weight No More - TODAY I HAD 7 SERVINGS OF FRUITS AND VEGGIES!!!! This is an all-time record in my life I think. I've developed a taste for green beans , broccoli, and tomatoes over the last couple of years which is amazing since I never would have touched any of these as a child. Mom always said you could develop a taste for something and, by dingies, you can. I'm proof of it!

Here's to sweating and eating healthier foods!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB!!!! I AM PROUD OF YOU...I KNOW HOW THAT FRONT CARRIER AND STROLLER CAN BE! YOU'LL LOSE MORE CARRYING AND PUSHING ALL THE EXTRA WEIGHT! I WALKED 4 MILES TODAY IN THE DASH - IT IS A COMMUNITY HEALTH INCENTIVE WITH TEAMS...I HAVE NOT EXACTLY HELPED MY TEAM THE LAST TWO WEEKS SO I AM TRYING TO DO BETTER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY.

4/10/2006 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say l love your blogs and I miss you a bunch!

4/11/2006 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Good job on exercising! I used to do the same thing.. hold Carter in the front pack and push madison in the stroller.. let me tell ya.. I was a lot smaller in those days! (I always ask, "How on earth was I skinnier when I had a 7 month old than I am now.. over a year later?!) Crazy I tell ya! I will also tell you that trying to lose weight after having Madison helped me LOVE fruits and veggies. I used to like very few vegetables.. but now there are just a few I don't like! Here's to good health! :)

4/13/2006 11:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home