mystery solved

Okay, I know that most of you are wondering at this point why you are even still visiting my blog. Just hang in there, though. I will post something of interest again someday, I promise. I found the tweezers. They were in the corner of the bathroom floor, not a much warmer place like I had suspected....and I didn't even go buy new ones before I found them.

Today was Abby's weekly trip to the local library with Nannaw. I think I'll start packing a picnic lunch for them or something. They are the fastest "book picker-outers" I've ever seen. Just kidding! I'm so glad she has all these great grandparents and that she will remember all the fun times with them. Tonight I think she's going to Memaw's house, yet another highlight. I have so many wonderful memories with my grandparents. It seems like just yesterday I couldn't wait to go spend the night too! Grandparents just let you by with so much more than mom and dad do!

Oh, and the quote for today comes from Abby last weekend. I had been working a lot on my Stampin' Up! stuff and she had been so patient and good for several days of this. I decided to surprise her with a new movie so we went to Wal-mart. As we were parking I asked her if she knew why she was getting a new movie, a special treat. Told her why and how proud I was....she says, "Do you know why you get to watch my new movie with me?" "Why?" "Casue you let me work on Stampin' Up! too!" I love how she rewards us with stickers, movie time, etc.... too funny but it shows what really motivates her I suppose.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nay, not so, nix, nope, no, negative, no way, nothing doing! We just love them with a special kind of undivided attention. And since they are so precious they are doing nothing to get by with. Whatever are you thinking?

3/24/2006 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hooray!! The tweezers are found!! :)

That's great that she has access to her gparents like that.. our poor kids.. we have to drive a minimum of an hour for them to see any of theirs! (poor us really lol no breaks!)

3/24/2006 09:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I left memaws tonight, Abby was sitting in her booster chair on another chair so she could see the computer screen. Took memaw a long time to set up her old computer and load it with games for children. And had fun today at the library ....Abby chose her 5 books and mine too.
If there's anything equal to being a grandparent its being a great grandparent. Lilly will soon be going places with us.

3/24/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Memaw Ginger and Nannaw Carrie, I'm "green with envy" that you are both in the same town with Abby and Lilly and I only see them a couple of times a year. They are beautiful little girls!

By the way Carrie, on my next trip out we need to shout from the roof top that we have another little one to love.

Grandma Doris

3/24/2006 11:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doris,
You are so right. Every time I see a note from you, I think about how far away you are. We'll try to keep you posted. I'll get your own email address and write more. Carrie

3/25/2006 10:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home