in trouble

Okay, my 3 year old girl is letting me have it lately. Apparently I laugh way too much because over the last week or so I've heard a million times:
"Nothing's funny, Mom!"
"Shhh, don't laugh!"
"Mom, you're not funny!"
"Only me and my grandma's are funny!"
etc,etc,etc.
I will give it to her-she and all her grandmas are a riot if you ask me... but I'm so tired of being told not to laugh. It's what I do best. I know I laugh at inappropriate times but it beats the heck out of crying, right?

Another thing she says all the time (especially when she wants to hear herself talk but can't think of anything to say):
"Why do little doggies jump on us?"
She says this all the time and normally it's cute (when she's nervous at the eye dr., when someone new is around her, just because) But it's not so cute when she's gotten out of bed for the 6th time and comes in and looks at me and says, "Why do little doggies jump on us?" When she was an even littler girl her nervous phrase was "Dax is a big ol' hairy dog!" It was too cute! Dax definitely qualifies for all that weighing in at almost 100 pounds and with enough fur to live in AK instead of AR.

Here's to nervous phrases and actually recording all these great quotes from Abby like everyone tells me to and I don't do!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

At least you don't hear 500 times a day, "You're funny, Mammaw." That is her standard reply to everything I say or do. Since I'm so funny, think I'll cut a record. To all you young whippersnappers that's an early CD. Bet I'm at least as funny as Minnie Pearl.

4/03/2006 10:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And she tells me, "You're silly, Mimi."

I tried to tell her that she "tickles me pink" but she says, "no purple".

Wonder when she's start calling Nannaw "Old Goat"?

4/04/2006 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Howdeeeee!! Minnie Pearl was a contemporary of Grandpa Jones.

4/04/2006 08:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh,oh,
I may be responsible for some of her dog stuff. The other day she was playing with two dogs and wanted to share one with me. I showed her how I stand in front of a chair so Uncle David's Johann can jump to greet me. We let her very gently sit down in her little red chair just the way I do. Then we laughed together. Better take a poll before you get upset with her. (20 lashes with a wet noodle for me). Nannaw

4/04/2006 10:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading this and the comments 3 times each, I could burst out laughing if it wouldn't wake Pappaw. I had forgotten something until Mimi reminded us.
Kristy, when you were "that age" your favorite joke was to call me an old goat...I never knew where you heard it but we laughed and put our hands over our mouths so no one else would hear us. And just think, you were with me in McGehee and later with Gloria in Arkansas City. And you wonder where you got your sense of humor. Check your email in the morning. Nannaw

4/05/2006 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the first time i read your blog in a couple of days i guess because I freaked out at your last sentence!!! Look at my last sentence today....WEIRD!

Hey Kristy, why do little doggies jump on us????

have a fun day...

4/06/2006 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home