spring cleaning






What a productive day today....I got a belated birthday card done (see picture) and I really liked it. It's been a while since I designed my own card instead of copying so I was very proud of myself. Love the funky colors right now...it's the little things!

Almost did aerobics today, had my tennis shoes on and everything but then I got sidetracked cleaning house. Good thing because I forgot that I told my mom we'd help her in the yard this afternoon. So after cleaning house and finally getting my tax stuff together for Mike we went to help her out. Her place is huge and I don't see how she does it. Memaw and Abby drove the mower with trailer for a while and pointed out limbs for Mike and I to pick up (must be "the life")... then Memaw and Abby kept Lil inside for a while and we finished up outside. 3 hours later, the limbs were gone. The yummy meal when we came in from working hard was worth it. It always feels so good to work hard all day-I know we'll all rest well tonight! One can hope anyway :) Maybe a dose of Tylenol for the weary...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was such a productive day for all of you. Wish I had felt like being with you. After a good night's sleep I'll be going again.
Love ya. Nannaw

3/25/2006 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Sounds like a great day! The card is sooo great! Call me crazy, but I LOVE the feeling I have after a day of working hard outside. It feels good to know you did something good for your body, and got some work done as well! And, nothing's better than laying down in bed after all of the work! ;)

3/25/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,you and Mike will be praised now and forevermore!!!! It was so sweet of you to help your mom. I just wrote her a note but couldn't send it because I'm not a blogger!!!I love reading comments from your friends too. Me again, Nannaw

3/26/2006 04:25:00 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

It was a good day for me too!!! Because of Kristy and Mike's help I was able to get on the riding mower yesterday and mulch about
3-4 inches of leaves. My yard looks great and believe it or not working was a lot of fun with the good help. Thanks a million kids.

3/27/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger McDreamy said...

HEY!
i read your blog the other day, and thought, "what a great card, gal"
guess what came in the mail today!!
i opened the mail and smiled ear to ear and thought, wait a second, i know that card!
thank you, thank you, thank you!

3/27/2006 08:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does hard day of work mean?????

3/28/2006 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

are you serious, Dawn? picking up sticks on about 3 acres of hardwood, burning them, general "hard work", manual labor type stuff, it does a body good!

3/28/2006 10:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

it's just a different kind of tired than after my normal day (snicker, snicker), whatever that is!

3/28/2006 10:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home