Simple Pleasures




Okay, I'm into a new "routine phase" of my life. Seems like I'm either helter-skelter or have a "routine". I don't like using the word schedule because it seems to have negative connotations for most of the modern child-rearing world...Who knows? I personally like schedules. Maybe it's the special ed teacher coming out in me or something but I love to work with a chart and make a schedule. So, a few days ago I did the "perfect day" routine. It now has 3 columns to juggle since we've added Lilly. I have so many things I'd love to get done on a daily basis for me, Abby, and Lil but so far I've managed to exercise 4 times in the last week, cook dinner most nights, and clean the kitchen right after dinner. My utlimate goal is to have a set bedtime and waketime for everyone. The day that happens you will hear the Hallelujah Chorus resounding across the nation. Discipline is so good for me and it has been nice waking up to no dirty dishes and cookware piled in the sink. Now if I could just mangage to exercise at a "routine" time, get in some of Abby's little preschool work, and scrapbook EVER AGAIN!

The weather has been gorgeous the last couple of days. Here's some shots of the girls. I can't believe how much Lil is changing right before our eyes and that it's already been 3 months with her. It just gets better all the time! She's such a good and sweet little girl and loves to talk and coo. She will be giving Abby the chatterbox a run for her money it looks like.

Here's to enjoying the springtime and simple pleasures- like making pictures at the spur of the moment (which is not on the schedule)!

PS- Here are the funny things Abby has said lately:
She's gotten my big red calculator and calls it her computer. She says, "Wait, I need to check my any-mail" which means email in our language.

This morning I couldn't find Lilly's pacifier, the one with the big clip attached no less. Abby says, "I will help you find it Mom, then it won't be so mysterious anymore!" We have yet to see it...

3 Comments:

Blogger McDreamy said...

oh, c'mon, jeff, have some more babies and then they won't be just memories!!

4/12/2006 11:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious. They are both changing right before your eyes. I can't believe how old Abby looks! Your schedule sounds promising. Keep it up!

4/12/2006 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I'm such a schedule person too.. well, not to an extreme.. but in general I thrive on routine! I have certain days I mop, certain days I wash lights, certain days I wash darks, etc. I have a mental idea of how life should work and try to make it so! :)

4/13/2006 11:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home