sisters

Abby had a friend over to play today and I got the best quote from her. Noah Beth is her name and she is in kindergarten. Her mom and I have been friends since we were in kindergarten! Noah Beth has a baby sister and she said, "I wish Lilly was Maddie and then we'd all be sisters! But friends are sisters and sisters are friends!" Is that not the best quote? I've spent my whole life wishing for a sister (sorry, Andy)...all my friends had/have sisters except for one who is an only child and one who has a brother. I guess sometimes I feel like I've missed out on something. If you know me you know I don't ever want to get left out of anything. I think that's why I wanted another girl so badly while pregnant with Lilly; I wanted Abby to have a sister. I'm not sure why I'm fascinated with this and obsess about it but I think there is a special bond among sisters that can't be matched. I'm so glad Noah B. enlightened me today, though. She couldn't be more correct, I'm blessed with so many good friends! I really haven't missed out after all!

2 Comments:

Blogger McDreamy said...

amen, sista.
got 2 of 'em and those relationships ain't got nuthin' on us, girl!

3/17/2006 02:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noah Beth said it just right!! Kristy, I wish you had a sister too, but we all love you in our own way. Don't forget what I've told you. "There's no one in this world that I love more than you." Of course I've been saying that to each little one since 1952(guess who) and I always find room for one more. I check your half-tied ribbons several times a day so I won't miss anything.Ha. Nannaw

3/17/2006 09:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home