basketball

I'm sure tonight's title got some of the testosterone attention. Let me say, sports are a big deal at our house! In fact, I just had to wait on Mike to do some chart of picks for college basketball. He had to click on all this bracket stuff for all the regions in the nation. Not enough to just do our region... when Fantasy Football starts the blogging might get thrown to the wayside unless I come up with funds for a laptop. By the way, I'm really proud of our hometown Weevils. They made it to the Sweet Sixteen for division 2 schools and played tonight in overtime but lost. Bummer. Abby knows Billy Mac (star player) by name and face. She likes to go to the games and yell at the opposing teams' coaches. I know this is hard for some of you to believe but she really does. She says things like, "SIT DOWN BUS DRIVER" . Needless to say I wasn't there when she was taught this wonderful phrase! She loves her Weevils basketball and football. Oh, and Mike informed me that they might not be ranked 16th or better even though they were in the Sweet Sixteen. How on earth is that possible?!? What a rip off! Maybe he can explain it to me tomorrow after we've had a good nights' sleep. Right now, he's just rolling his eyes at all my dumb sports questions.

Today I began learning to knit. I know, I know, do I have to learn every craft there is? Do you really need an answer to that? YES! I am making the coolest flaming red blanket for Lilly and then Abby wants a pink one when I'm done. Since I've got about 2 rows of 20 stitches it may take me a while. When I'm going to work on this, who knows? Thanks, Susanne, for taking the time to help me get started, it's my latest addiction! I'm sure you all can't wait to see pictures.

Happy dribbling and knitting!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Several months ago Abby explained the football situation to me by color. She said her blue pom-poms are for the Billies, her green ones are Weevils, and her red ones are Razorbacks. She assured me she takes the right ones to each game she watches. I believed every word. Can't you just see her teaching that to Lilly. And Lilly will smile and think she's funny.
Nannaw Austin

3/15/2006 05:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home