tinkering time




I can't believe it's Saturday again already...This week has flown by as I've blogged away my time. Thanks to Jeff, I'm now a blogger. I must give him credit for answering a million dumb emails helping me get this set up! I even have a cool counter down at the bottom thanks to him. He's the Mac expert around here and frequently has to make trips to our house for service calls, much to his dismay. We're fairly inept at anything computerized and especially Macs but we're slowly being transformed. I just wonder if he thinks it's worth it to convert us when he has to spend hours helping fix everything we mess up.

Speaking of being transformed, today's quote is from Jeff. He has begun teaching from the book of James and made a powerful statement last Sunday. He said, "We don't want the hand of God to tinker with our souls." The basic context is that all believers go through struggles (James 1:9-12) and so often we just want the Lord to give us a quick fix. We'd rather just get out of the hard circumstance or difficult situation than go through the transformation of heart and character God wants for us. We want the outside fixed and He's worried about what's on the inside. I know it's been very true in mine and Mike's lives...I'm slowly learning though that He is not here to fix everything-we are here to bring Him glory. Period. I think it's more important that we persevere and grow in our faith than have a solution to everything. I think it will take a lifetime for me to learn this! Although it's not always the easy way, I want more of his "tinkering with my soul"-it's best.

Today my Mom and I took the girls shopping for Abigail's warmer weather clothing. It was the hardest day yet since Lilly was born I think. It was like keeping up with a monkey and well, a newborn I guess. If Abby wasn't bouncing out of buggies, then Lilly was screaming at the top of her lungs down the aisles. She loves being heard.Man, has Abby grown or what?!? I could not believe how big her feet have gotten...I kept getting her to try on shoes that were about 2 sizes too small. Mom was like, "Why are you putting those on her, they won't fit?" I guess I'm in denial of how big she has gotten. She's a joy and has always loved shopping...She is really coming into her own. Today she wanted to pick and choose more for herself than just let me choose everything. She's growing up way too fast! Her favorite purchase was a t-shirt that says "I love Daddy", of course.

The pictures for today are a peek at my own tinkering space. This is the custom closet that Mike built for me last summer. It's my little creative corner of the world where I stamp and scrapbook....I LOVE it and love that he did it for me! I thought I would share it on my blog since I'll be sharing my pages, etc. Thanks Mike, you are the BEST! And so are all my friends who helped paint it and organize it after he was done hammering in and wiring up electrical outlets (only perfection for Mike!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

sorry, Mike, looks like i've crossed over into the "too wordy" category. i'll do better next time and be just "wordy enough" you make me laugh! :) so much to say, so little space!

3/05/2006 08:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics and great thoughts. God has been tinkering with me lately and I'm thankful I have a friend like you that He tinkers with also!

3/07/2006 03:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home