"the way of the future"




I had several goals in mind when I decided to create my own blog space... I was over at Carolyn's helping with pictures and tossing around ideas. I really want to share my scrapbooking with more people than just Mike and Abby so I thought this would be a great venue for that. Actually, I'll let you in on a little secret. My dream job is to work for a scrapbook magazine or manufacturer of products and sit in a craft room all day every day scrapbooking and papercrafting. Ah, back to reality. So, my secret silly dream has always been to be published in a scrapbook magazine like Simple Scrapbooks or, well, that's my fav so we'll leave it at that. Carolyn says, " You need a blog, it's the way of the future.." I just had to laugh at her (and make her today's quote), then I got serious and got a blog! Wow! So now although I'm not published in a big superstar scrapbook mag, at least I'm published here for those of you who check this out.

Monday night's stampin' workshop went really well. I always have a great time with Yvonne and the gals. We did some cute projects and then watched Bachelor after the workshop. I should have gone on home but I just had to see who he would choose...it was a sight to behold and hear. 6 women who have been addicted to this ridiculous TV show sitting around watching it like it's the latest breaking news. It's the little things! So, here's a scrapbook page that I did that night for the ladies. My first ever "published" page. Carolyn Noble (www.anoblephoto.com) took the picture so I must give her credit. She always gives me incredible pictures to work with. Stay tuned to this blog for info on future scrappin' classes that I want to do and just haven't gotten all the details worked out yet.

Yesterday some friends and I began a playgroup at the park. It's amazing how well it went. Our kids range in age from 7 weeks to 4 years old. We played at the park for a while and before I knew it the time was up. Time flying is always a good sign when you are with 8 kids! So, hopefully next week the weather will be just as nice, the kids will be just as good, and we'll do the playgroup thing all over again... Oh, the picture is of Abby with Jonah, Noah, and Riley (some of her closest friends). She's always surrounded by her guys :)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dreams are never silly. Keep dreaming - someday it may come true.
Mom

3/01/2006 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Way to go with figuring out how to get pics on there! Now come over and help me with mine....please! I am very proud of you and how beautiful all of your pages turn out. Great mom, great stamper, great scrapbooker...is there anything that you can't do!?!?

Lots of love!

3/01/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Don't worry, Jeff, your day is comin'! I actually wrote down something from your sermon Sunday to use on my blog when the time is right.

Thanks for the encouragement, Mom and Brandi

3/01/2006 04:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, here is my first post on a blog. Your posts have been great, not to wordy but wordy enough. I really like the part about watching the TV show after your workshop.
Mike

3/01/2006 10:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new blog, especially the pics with your girls. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing more.

3/02/2006 05:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home