high school revisited





since i'm up doing needless tasks i decided now was the time to go through my old photo albums and here's what i came up with for high school week. thanks, mark! it's so funny seeing how none of the photos are a good shot and none of them are a close up at all. and cruddy photos scan sort of cruddy too.

high school years(and all my years of schooling, for that matter) are full of fond memories for me. for the most part, i've always been pretty naieve to be such a deep thinker. i was an over-acheiver and over-involved, wanting to get the most out of life that was possible, in every club yearbook shot that was taken. i was a goody-2-shoes, a band geek (clarinet), and a general know-it-all. i've tended toward self-righteousness all my life. i always did my homework and worked hard at everything i did. music was a huge part of my life but no rock concerts for me. i could be found practicing piano for hours on end, going to band festivals, and singing with the school and chruch choir. i laughed a lot then, as i still do!

school was a little different for me as my dad worked there and i lived within the school grounds. the school family was like my extended family. it was sorta like cheers. i never did too much that needed hiding, but there was no way possible to hide. everyone knew my name. my family was very close to most of the school teachers , administrators, and other employees.

i graduated in 1995 along with 64 other students, most of whom attended Drew Central for all 13 years like me. i liked the subjects math and chemistry best but my favorite teachers were the english teachers (pictured here with 2 of them on my last day of school)...spanish class was also a riot with mrs. roggenbaugh, although i retain no spanish speaking ability save that which i've recovered by watching episodes of Dora the Explorer.

i dated a couple of guys but no one from my own school and no one for very long at a time. i hated it when a girl was stuck to a guy like glue all day long! i liked my independence.

i remain very close to 2 friends who have been with me since kindergarten, Becca and Carrie! we have so many funny stories and memories!

although the picture looks suspicious, i didn't spend weekend nights on a street corner... did anyone tell me that bright red lipstick was flattering? i was a family girl and spent lots of time at home with my parents and brother. my dad said that "nothing good can happen in the piggly wiggly parking lot" where most (all but me) of the kids hung out on friday and saturday night. now it's the Fred's parking lot and no one hangs out there. somehow i dont' feel like i missed much...i didn't know that drugs existed, let alone who did them. i was sheltered! when i wasn't at home i was at a friend's house hanging out, out with the church youth group, or babysitting to earn some extra cash!

okay, it's way too late now! thanks for strolling down memory lane with me. i'd love to hear from some other bloggers besides jeff, mark, angela, and kt on this subject. oh, what entertainment we have these days!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Gracie Parker said...

rock on, class of 95!
i assume you weren't part of the nirvana/live-lighting crashes crowd, as i was? nor were you doing the tootsie roll? ;)
i love the posts!

12/14/2006 07:48:00 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

no nirvana for me. i do remember the tootsie roll and songs like "baby got back" and "ice ice baby" but i was way too self-conscious to be dancin' to em'!

12/14/2006 09:36:00 AM  
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

Girl I am soooooo sorry I missed all of your posts-my bloglines is not updating yours...hmmmm.Anyhow-yay,I love this post.We are all around the same age-in the matter of fact,my hubby graduated class of 95 at Monticello.....Maybe I should post some pix of him,then,those are hilarious!!!

12/16/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess i was one of the lucky ones to have date you for such a short time then.To me itwasn't all that bad.you still lok great!

12/26/2006 07:28:00 PM  
Anonymous stock trading said...

I’m glad to read this blog. Love the photos too!

1/04/2011 01:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home