just being myself


Ah, it feels so good to just be me, as Abby says. Forget the dumb "choose your identity" post. I've been enlightened by my 3 year old genius. The other day we got home and she was exhausted. In times like this, everything is a crisis. The UPS man, as I so affectionately call the cute man in brown who frequents my doorstep with Stampin' Up! boxes of goodies, knocked on the door and ran promptly off the porch. Our normal routine. I don't have to sign anything but he lets me know my package awaits me when I choose to open the door. So, I say to the tired Abigail Grace, "Hey, there's the UPS man!" She's not all that thrilled and responds in left field with, "Mommy, are there ever UPS girls?!?!?" I wish you could hear the tired, whiny inflections of her sweet little voice. I smiled and said, "Yes, of course, girls can be "UPS men" too. Why, is that what you want to be when you grow up?" Her answer was priceless, "NO, I'm too tired to be anything. I just wanna be meeeeeeee!"

I remember blogging some time ago about being able to type from the heart because there were no faces staring back at me when I blog. It gave me a sense of freedom to journal and share what was really going on in my head. Then I began to feel stifled and became acutely aware of all the faces that were really there, though separated by miles of cyberspace. Now, I'm back to being me it seems, not that what I've been saying isn't me but it's, well, surface garbage, if you will. We'll ride this thing out for however long it lasts....

So, today, I'm feeling like ME. Just plain old me. I've done things that make me who I am. I unhurriedly read and completed a Patriarchs lesson and really listened to what the Lord had for me this morning. I went and played the piano at Journey for a little while and then I came home and, and, and, SCRAPPED. And now I'm blogging! Ahhhhhh! Refreshment. Hope you have something that is totally you for those days when you're too tired to be anything and your soul just longs to be content being the you that God created. It's a wonderful thing that He wants for us what Abby wants, for us to just be us!

PS-I scrapbooked a 12x12 layout for a change. Wow-it's so BIG! I'm talking GI-NORMUOS-so big that I couldn't quite figure out how to take it's picture:) It was a layout I've been needing to do for a while but just haven't done and the collages forced me outside my little box and made it neccessary to do a 12x12....think I'll stick to my smaller books but it was fun for a change of pace!

6 Comments:

Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

I try most days to be nothing else but me-too much work...LOL

9/19/2006 03:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sweet one. The "me" you're referring to began on Sept.20 a few years ago. You have been lighting up our lives ever since. Now you have a precious family and all of you give me so much joy. You just go ahead being Kristy and I'll love you now and forevermore. Happy birthday. ....Nannaw

9/19/2006 10:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Happy Birthday!!!

9/20/2006 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

oh, kristy. . .happy birthday! in nannaw's words. . .you light us all up! :) staying true to self is sometimes easier said than done, but you do it well! hope your day is wonderful!

9/20/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Just wanted to say hello! What time does Abby go to preschool on tuesdays? If you WANT you know you can come with just Lilly to playgroup.. or seriously, we would all be willing to meet on a different day if you're wanting to come.. not sure how your days are now though and if you feel up to it. :)

9/22/2006 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss your posts Girl!
I hope all is going well and that you're busy creating :-)
Michelle

10/01/2006 07:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home