choose your identity

Okay, we're all way to techno futuristic for me right now. It struck me this week as I was zipping from blog to blog that when you click to leave a comment there's a little line that says "CHOOSE YOUR IDENTITY"... man, how do you choose an identity. Okay, when blogging I choose Kristy, half-tied ribbons Kristy. But how often do I choose an identity I shouldn't. I'm not talking about weirdo, psycho really messed up identity stuff that would involve the FBI and CIA but just on a daily basis. Am I true to my faith and my unique personality. So often, I try to be someone I'm not. There, I said it. I confess. It's all in an attempt to be better, though, I think. Pure motives. Or are they? Am I content to be me, the me that God created and loves? Confident people are so comfortable to be around and so attractive to others. That's what I crave more than anything I suppose. Confidence. There are so many ways to identify me...mom, sister, friend, daughter, worker, wife, worker/wife (just kidding), scrapbooker, piano teacher, playgroup starter then quitter for the summer, learner, reader, cleaner, babysitter, nurse, bather, should I really go on?????

No wonder my mind swims with ideas...

On another note...Angela, no offense meant by not mentioning that you were here. Attention folks, Angela was here when Abby and Rilely ran through with panties on their heads. I cannot speak for her but I'm sure her thoughts sounded something like, "Gee, I'm sure glad both my kids are old enough to go to school although this is quite entertaining,hmm, maybe we do need a third child." In my own self-righteous defense, Angela was not here for the embarassing part where my 3 year old sassed/backtalked and ran away from me and I did absolutely NOTHING to stop her. Things are looking up though!

That's the only thing I hate about blogging. I always inadvertently leave off someone when talking about friends, saying thanks, or just logging time of activities. For everyone who I've offended/am offending as we speak/read, I'm sorry. I hate that I'm so famous now through this whole blog world that it matters because enough of you poor souls are actually reading this. Til' later, goodnight and go choose your identity. Mine for now is sleeper!

Would the real Kristy H please step forward! accounted for :)

7 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

Not offended, just wasn't sure you remembered my two second scrapbooking effort. He hee.

9/02/2006 10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love reading your blog!
Your thinking process is so deep and entertaining (meant in a nice way, not sarcastic :-))
Here's how my thought process works:
I need to take something out for supper..head to kitchen, oh better get these breakfast/snack dishes done...Hmm I need to carry those leftovers out to the dogs...halfway there, oh I need to check on the chicks, while there..yikes I need to get something pulled out for supper..on my way to the freezer I pass the washing machine, dang I need to get the sheets off the bed and wash them...pulling the sheets off the bed...I'm thirsty, better put the kettle on...hit the button on the kettle...I wonder what's happening on 2Peas...sit down to read the msg board, phone rings..yak yak yak...hangup...potty time...pass the bedroom...dang, the sheets are still waiting to be washed...turn the washer on, ohhhh a peanut butter sandwhich would be nice right now...grab my coffee cup, pour the water in..shoot the kettle musta boiled a while ago, the water's cold now..ok, zap it in the microwave...go out and check on the chicks again...answer some emails... start a layout (paper scrap or digi, doesn't matter) , Jim's getting hungry, crud I forgot to take something out for supper...and on and on and on....no wonder confused is a natural state of mind for me LOL

9/02/2006 11:54:00 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I actually have not read this entry. Jeff is making me join cocomment. And we are testing it. Have you joined cocomment yet? It is right up your alley. not mine. I will come back soon and read your blog!

9/03/2006 04:17:00 PM  
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

you seem confident to me. . .not overly so like snotty, but just right. . .you are fun, and relaxed, and great to be around! you're too hard on yourself. and what the quail is cocomment?

9/03/2006 08:47:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Angela, love the page you did (wink, wink)!

Michelle, that reminds me of the children's book "If you give a mouse a cookie"! So true!

Brandy, thanks! and I have no idea what cocomment is but I better check it out since it's right up my alley :)

9/03/2006 09:52:00 PM  
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

Okay first can I say my mind works just like plumtuckered's-on the other hand,I have been known to not do anything when my kids sass me either.Running after three sometimes you just need a break.....Love the panty heads...we have that here too...nothing funnier to them then underwear on the head

9/04/2006 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I think almost everyone is guilty of putting on some kind of a front around other ppl. I know that I act differently just around different sets of friends, but that's not bad in my opinion.. you adapt to who you're around. :) I have to say I have the opposite parenting problem.. sometimes I find it hard when to NOT deal with an issue. Not everything is worth a battle.. yet I have a hard time letting anything go. I'm learning though.. and Carter is forcing me to learn or else I'd be absolutely exhausted from getting onto him ALL DAY LONG! lol

9/07/2006 03:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home