discipline



Mike and I went to our first small group about discipline tonight. It was encouraging for me as a worn-out mom. I never intend to become worn out-it just sorta creeps up on me. The group was a breath of fresh air, though, really. Just knowing that others struggle with the same issues when you get to the heart of the matter helps. And being with friends for a short time also helps. Of course I laugh all the time (especially when it's inappropriate) so a good time was had by all. It's cool to be reminded that the reason for discipline is love. It motivates us as it motivates the Lord to discipline us. I ran across Kevin's blog tonight and thought it was very cool that he had already blogged about discipline and I just now found it again. Keep up the great writing, Kevin!

Here's the pictures that I couldn't resist sharing today. Abigail had her first dance class last night and really enjoyed it "now that she's a big girl". Lilly had her first carrots and enjoyed them, too. A good day, to say the least. carrots and dance, there you have it folks.

Now you all know why I don't enjoy feeding her solids so much.... she is wayyyyyyy messier than Abby ever has been and she's only 8 months old. I was still finding carrot crud in her nostrils this morning. Lord, help us all.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mark W. said...

I am SO sad to have missed the first session! Valerie has been very sick yesterday and today, but I can't discipline her for that. :)

I'm looking forward to joining in next week. Did Jeff dare assign homework? Let Ang and I know!

8/30/2006 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

You are definitely never alone when it comes to discipline!...example...Last night Riley was going to sleep in our bed but I told him he couldn't get out of bed..night before he had and he had to sleep in his bed..or I would get the spoon and he would get a spankin'. Next thing you know he's out of bed. Got the spoon. Got the spankin'. Laid back down. "Do not get out of bed or you will get a spankin' and have to sleep in your bed." 10 minutes later I hear him...OUT OF BED! Needless to say, got the spoon, got the spankin', and ended up back in his bed!!! It's not just you! Guess I didn't bruise him enough the first time...JUST JOKING!!!!

8/31/2006 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Sugar-n-Spice said...

we had a good time, too. we were disappointed that our own group didn't work out for the night, but are looking forward to getting started next week. and you're right, friends and sharing struggles is just always a breath of fresh air. your laugh is contagious and i love it! :)

8/31/2006 08:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful!!! You done good girl, you done good!

8/31/2006 08:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I go to sleep after seeing my comical great-granddaughters on this blog. I'm laughing and wishing I had been there for both of them today. I don't know what you guys and girls think about discipline but I think it's 99.9% training with a very good sense of humor. Aren't they all so precious. Nannaw

8/31/2006 10:13:00 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Okay alittle sad that I wasn't mentioned the other day in your panty raid post....I was there too! Anyways how was the group on Wednesday? Who came? Valerie has strep throat so Mark couldn't come. I will be able to come not this week but the next...unless we do it on Tuesday this week. Is the group to big to move it to a different day? I want to be there so bad but I had no idea it was Wednesday...so I tried to get most of my Tuesday's free.

9/02/2006 08:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
How cute...by the way...Lilly"s shirt does say .."Daddy's little girl" ...right....so Mike should clean her up....Right???
heehee ;)

9/02/2006 09:33:00 AM  
Blogger K.T. is Mommatude said...

It was nice to meet you today!Your girls are absolutely adorable!

9/02/2006 09:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Lilly doesn't mess around when it's time to eat, does she?...and you know she enjoys her food. Just look at her grin. Abby is gorgeous in her little dance outfit, and especially with the green nose. Give them a hug from Arie and me. Love, Grandma Doris

9/04/2006 04:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home