side dishes

Jeff recently posted on his blog about focus and how the most popular blogs are focused. Well, now you know why mine isn't the most popular blog. I've been thinking about my focus, and well, here's what I've come up with. I'm too well-rounded and have so many interesting facets of my life for my blog to be focused. I mean really, I'm crazy just thinking about all the different aspects of my life. Some may say I have too many things on my plate, but I say I don't. I enjoy all the side dishes. Dance, for example, is one of my favortie side dishes right now. It's so good for me to get up early and get moving. Yesterday we added a new routine that involves squats and I must say I can barely move today. We also added abs and push-ups. I'm thinking before long, I've gotta start seeing a few pounds fall off. Oh, and I started my new diet since Monday night I weighed the same thing (6 weeks running). And no, I can't tell a difference in the way my clothing fits. So my new diet consists of cereal and fruit all day long besides a "sensible" lunch. Don't you just love it when they say "sensible"....all about the portions and fruit for me!

Another side dish is organizing my home and our day... YIKES!!!! I've come up with a new plan. I am in the process of making Abby some little "chore" cards that will have magnets on the back and she can move them from the dish washer to the fridge throughout the day as she does what she's supposed to. I know, I know, it never really works, but I thought it would be worth a shot. I will try to remember to tell you if it works...

Here's to side dishes!

9 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

I've seen some of those focused blogs and all I can say is BORINGGGGGG.

6/21/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your idea of moving the cards for Abby. You may be surprised. I used a big poster board with chores when mine were small. Michelle, Chuck, and Lisa would paste on stars for chores done. They'd do anything to get a star. In fact, they still remember and talk about it. Your idea sounds simplier. GM Doris

6/21/2006 08:28:00 PM  
Blogger Lee Ann James said...

Hey, I love the non-focused approach. Yeah organized chaos! It's much more interesting. Jeff just doesn't know what he's talking about. ;) (joking, Jeff!)

6/21/2006 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Lindy said...

Focused? That is just a man's word for "one tracked mind"! Women have to enjoy the "side dishes" because we have to multi task ALL the time! Keep on bloggin' Kristy!

You might even get me hooked!

6/22/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so with you on the side dishes..I really must thrive on stress and overloading!!!! It's my self destructive nature! Great job with the keeping up of the web page..as you can see Caro and I have completely fell off the wagon.

6/22/2006 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Sorry that you haven't gotten a hold of me...just started work and of course super busy. I will call next week when I have time to breathe.

6/23/2006 01:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea funny
NAT

7/07/2006 09:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
NAT

7/07/2006 09:38:00 PM  
Blogger Mr Fix It said...

Furnace inducer motor troubleshooting

2/23/2022 11:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home