calling you out...

okay, need to address some folks and this is my platform.

Lila-Yes, Mike remembers you fondly. When we were driving through Nashville or Memphis (I can't remember which) he was talking about the house that his mom and George lived in and how you would babysit him sometimes when he didn't go to work with her. I'm so glad you're keeping up with him/us on here...thanks for the comment!

Nannaw-Where are you? I know you're checking my blog and I miss hearing from you on here. I need some comments to keep me going ?!?!?!? (even though you don't want me to go to CT and you love me just like I am - overweight and all)

Mom-ditto. leave me some feedback...

Rene Teater-thanks for lurking...I saw 2 comments from you on Lee Ann's blog so I must say, I'm a bit jealous....:) just kidding

Mel-thanks for the fun at Mud Hut and sponsoring me with $20 per pound-don't faint, I'm just kidding. I know that would buy a really cool stamp set :)

Angela-yes, I still read yours...i love that you're addicted to blogging almost as bad as I am :)

Brandi W.-glad we're hanging out more again. Thanks for being so exceedingly patient with me as I've been parenting a new baby and postpartumly delirious/psycho - - - even though you're outta that phase (sucka)!Glad we scrapped today!

Mimi-miss you while you're camping. I'll be expecting some comments soon!
hmmmmm, anyone else.

Suzanne-So glad you're blogging again. Miss you and glad things are looking up :)

oh, Jeff- love the idea of giving away a free magazine subscription. I'm trying to be nice and let someone else have it...maybe that's what everyone is doing. If it's not taken in the morning, I'll be on that. Sorta like eBay. gotta love that!

EVERYONE-please, please comment. I know I am not the best writer, I usually have nothing of great importance to say, I love self-promotion, etc. but the comments are what make this fun! Glad you're here!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my dear one. Okay, I'm responding. For the past hour I've been reading blogs, especially Jeff's, and Journey Church. I've also been on yahoo looking up other Journey churches--one in Pennsylvania said they are from the Assemblies of God. It's interesting to see how diverse we Christians are. I haven't found the CT church yet.
Reasons I think you should not go to CT: YOUR CHILDREN ARE TOO YOUNG. It's too far to be away from one child and too far to travel with the other, and they will miss each other. You're their only mother. God gave them good sensible parents who should put them above all others. There's so much mission work to be done closer to home. If you had a survey of those who live within a few blocks of your own home you would be appalled to know how many of them do not even claim to know the Lord. God has put you in this particular place at this particular time...not in CT. Your own heart is so full of love you would like to share with everyone around the world but that's not where you are now. But I still say what I used to tell you when you were a little tyke "There's no one in this world that I love more than I love you." Nannaw

6/06/2006 11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Lindy said...

Kristy, I'm excited to hear that you are going on a mission trip. I understand how your Nannaw feels about you going so far away, but this is what I think. (Take it for what it is worth!) When your children look back on this they will see that they have parents that weren't self absorbed or totally fixated on them. They will have wonderful role models that do what only a few do in this day and age---TOTALLY COMMIT TO CHRIST'S CALL!

I have lots of books with coloring pages and activities to go with bible stories. Let me know if you want to go through them! Lindy

6/07/2006 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kristy, Check your Lila's. I think this is Lila that I worked with in NC in the elementary school library. She's a wonderful gal, and Michelle, Chuck, and Lisa adored her. She's now living in Nashville and we see each other from time to time. Let me know if there are two LILA'S. Smile! Love, Grandma Doris

6/07/2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Diana Harton said...

Kristy, I think it is wonderful that you have a Grandmother that loves you so much. Even though she doesn't think you should go to CT, I bet she is so proud of you for the simple fact that you are going out of obedience to God's call that she could burst.

You go to CT, your kids will be fine, you will make lots of new friends, God will use you in mighty ways and you will come home with a new outlook on life.

Although I have pledged a dollar for each pound you are losing I will also pledge to pray for you each day that you are away. I am glad I am getting the chance to know you better.

6/07/2006 07:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,
Yes, I do keep up with your blog and look forward to reading it about three times a week. Sorry for not posting...didn't know it kept bloggers going to read posts. I'll try to comment when appropriate.
Rene'

6/07/2006 07:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Thanks everyone. Nothing like calling you all out to get some comments generated. Nannaw, I'm glad you think I'm sensible I guess and I know you love me. GM Doris, I thought Lila Newton was who we were talking about. Didn't know Lila Newton wasn't who I thought. Oops!
Diana, I'm really glad to be getting to know you better also. Rene, thanks for commenting and for reading-makes me feel special or something that you would read my blog! Jeff, you choose a mag for me-it doesn't matter to me!Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

6/07/2006 08:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

....T H U D..... I've picked myself up off the floor now!!! I'm happy to pledge for your weight loss/mission trip, whether you lose a pound or not! I don't recall $20 a pound though... at that price I might even lose some!!! HA
p.s. I had a fun with you & Abby too! I think she really had a good time! Let's do it again!

6/07/2006 10:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, I was talking about Lila Newton. I worked with her in our school library in Fayetteville, NC for a nine month semester. I'd told her about your blog, and she wrote that she is really having fun with it. That's why I wanted to check to see if there were 2 Lilas. My children are ALMOST her grands. We were that close. She's a great lady!

Now... about the mission trip. You've married into a family that has wanderlust in their blood, and love to travel, EXTENSIVELY. In earlier years I was a military wife (both AF and Army)and I carried children around the world and back again. They seemed to survive and thrive. Both Lilly and Abby were "little troopers" when you made the trip to TN and KY last month. What a joyous time we all had making new memories together. Perhaps Grandmother Carrie had a different lifestyle. And that is okay too. We are all different. Enjoy whatever you do.
Love, Grandma Doris

6/08/2006 10:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home