Connecticut or bust

Ah, I'm in the thick of a mission trip. That's right, a mission trip - how exciting is this????? Very... Back in April Jeff asked Mike and I to possibly round up a group of Journey folks to take a trip to Connecticut to help with VBS and various other summer fun-ities of a sister church. So, we said,"YES, of course, at your service, yipee, let's get this party started, wooooo hoooooo, etc.!!!!" Then fast forward about 2 weeks and YIKES, our team of 12 needs money, honey, to make this happen by July 8th (when we're leaving)! So, our little brains went to work as fast as they could and we've come up with some great things to raise our funds! I will begin sharing those with you here because I know all of you can't wait to HELP us!

The first is a Weight-a-Thon... some of us losers from the Monday night weight loss group are getting sponsors for helping us get rid of the fat! That's right, YOU HAVE THE CHANCE to pay me per pound and all the money goes to fly me (a few pounds lighter) to CT! So, get your calculator out and figure out just how much you can give me per pound that I lose from tonight til' July 3rd. I already have 2 sponsors at $1 and $2 per pound but you could be next. Just leave a comment telling me how much you'll be willing to pay for my pounds lost over the next several weeks! My goal, drumroll please, is to lose 10 more pounds and have at least 15 sponsors paying me the big bucks before the deadline!

All the fund-raising aside, I'm thrilled to be going on this trip. I talked with the lady there that we're coordinating with just a while ago and I can't wait to get there. I will be teaching kids with special needs and hopefully reaching out to their parents with Christ's love also.... and there's so much more going on, too. It sounds like they have a niche for all 12 of us who will be going...

Here's to connecting in Connecticut! Stay tuned for more ways to help!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, I pledge $2 per pound. I talked to my dad and he said the same so there are 2 for you.

Work hard and eat right.

I can always get a loan from the bank.

6/06/2006 06:26:00 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Been to visit lately? Miss your comments! Especially parenting ones!

6/06/2006 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

thanks Mike, I think? What exactly did you mean by the loan comment? no, I know you're by far the most encouraging for me to be more healthy. I look up to you and your healthiness...love you!

6/06/2006 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger Diana Harton said...

Kristy, thanks for pledging a dollar for me...I want to return the favor and pledge $1 for you. It should be an interesting month.

6/07/2006 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home