our weekend so far...


This weekend has been incredible...family time, 5K, bowling party, local festival, fishing! How sweet it is!And how sweet is Photoshop????? I can't believe I haven't tried it before. It's so overwhelming it can do so much but I got brave this week doing my blog banner. Then tonight I had so many photos to share I just didn't know what to do. It was either load a huge lot of photos or do something with them. I opted for "B"! Check it out...look out Jeff! Just kidding, you rock at the graphic design stuff and mine looks like a kindergarten version, but hey, it works!

Our local festival (of sorts) is in town and we made it there last night for only $12. That is AMAZING! Abby rode some rides, got some balloon dog/crown, and a light up Mickey Mouse head thing - she was in heaven...

Mike ran in the 5K this AM at 7:30 and all 3 of his girls miraculously made it there to see him finish! I'm so proud of him - 2nd place in his age bracket for men (23 min and some seconds)!

Abby had an end-of-year bowling party for the little preschool thing we have been doing this year. It's a home-based deal where the workers bring lessons out to us each week. She's had a blast and today she and Mike bowled while me and Lil' took pics...she thought it was great that they got matching bowling shoes although hers were a few sizes too big:)

Then, the culmination of our day - fishing! It was so peaceful, entertaining, and just plain great! Abby has learned to cast, hook fish and reel them in! She caught her first fish totally by herself and then caught tons more - one was a HUGE bass. She called Uncle Timmy to tell him that it was a "wall hanger"! She was so proud and so were we-all 3 of us were so excited...Mike and I just got little ones that she called "cute" but hers was the Daddy Fish!

Hope you've all had a weekend like we have. And it's only halfway over!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm behind on checking blogs. That is a HUGE fish Abby caught. Every activity sounds like fun. Glad you shared the pics.
Enjoyed today. Will do it again sometime. Nannnaw

5/14/2006 09:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, I love your blog. It gives me the opportunity to catch up with your family daily. When I saw Abby's fish, memories began to churn in my reverie of the trip to California several years back. Uncle Chuck and I took Mike deep-sea fishing for salmon. We caught what we thought were "whoppers" (8 lbs.) to have the boat captain tell us they were small. Others were pullling in 35 and 40 pounders. It was the biggest fish I'd ever hooked. Tell Miss Abby congratulations. Grandma Doris

5/15/2006 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home