new look!


this morning abby and i have been making mother's day cards for a while so i must take a break. we've been at it for almost an hour and got ONE done! i love making cards and i love kids but sometimes, well, you'll just have to see the cards when they get to you. priceless!!!! i feel like i need octopus arms to keep hands out of the ink, away from the paper cutter and the glue cleaned up. all in all, it's good and that i spent time doing somehting with her is what matters, right!?!?!?! naptime will come eventually and i can finish up and clean up and move on to my next project.

speaking of projects:
thanks to my newest friend Michelle I now have my own personalized blog banner. Michelle, you're awesome for helping me!YAY, team! mel came by the other day and saw my homemade photo studio and was laughing at me. i'm sure it was comical.it consisted of clearing everything off the tiny night table in front of my window (my lighting source) into the floor = mess! then throwing my black SU apron (my backdrop) over the table and putting my little prop on there (my ruler with ribbons). so homegrown and kristyfied! love the new banner, love that it's mine...love that I actually used photoshop elements!

oh my gosh, abby just handed me M's (Mike's Mom's) card. she has glued it to a big whole sheet of white CS and said, "Look what I did mom, so it won't get lost. and I put the glue all over the top of the card." Well, give it a few days to dry (a little excessive on the adhesive) and she should be ready to mail! :) I wish you could see the glue smeared on top of the card in the photo. OH MY! Sorry to spoil the surprise, M, but I have to post this picture. It will take a huge manilla envelope to mail this puppy... be looking for something BIG!

okay, gotta go before I'm stuck to something and Lil wakes up hungry!

Here's to crafting with 3 year olds...everyone should do this at least once!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I was only laughing because it is exactly what I would do! (and have done, but I used a sheet for a backdrop) Anyway, it worked great and it looks FAB-U-LOUS on your page!
oxox Mel

5/11/2006 12:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy, I think the card is gorgeous, and M will think it's the most beautiful she's ever gotten. Tell Abby good job. Just be glad she didn't decide to let Lilly HELP her. Smile!!! Love, Grandma Doris

5/11/2006 01:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Decoupage! How sophisticated for a 3 yr. old. Oh so smart and creative. To think that she came up with this on her own. Not a copy artist! No sir - this is the real McCoy!

5/11/2006 08:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND - please! Give her credit when you CASE her work!



For you non-stampers that means Copy And Steal/Share Everything!

5/11/2006 08:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great Hon! You did an awesome job.
I love the card, true work of art!

Michelle

5/11/2006 08:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home