silence


Both girls are asleep...shhhh....do you hear it! Only the sound of my fingers pinging on the keyboard. This will be short and sweet since I rarely get moments like this. Mike came home for lunch today and found Abigail plastering herself to the side of Dax then rolling her shirt with a lint roller...then plastering herself to the side of Dax and rolling some more. Too funny! I told him since our vacuum is broken maybe we should just give her the lint roller and tell her to get after the rug in the living room....hmmmm, entertainment while cleaning. Now that's an idea worth trying!

Today I'm back on the better eating bandwagon. At last night's weigh-in at my weight loss group I found that I've gained a pound and a half this week...I almost cried. Yesterday I soothed myself over a batch of cookies that Mike had made for friends who just had a baby. Sorry, Kevin and Meridith. I soothed myself so much so that I had to make brownies for the aforementioned friends. Eating and sleeping are my "coping mechanisms" I guess you could say - not a good combo. I need to change those to fasting and praying or something like that.

Today is a new day though. I did aerobics this morning, Carolyn helped me take the stuff in the lean-2 shed to the city dump and I played outside blowing bubbles that smell like mango with Abigail for a little while. Must go find my list to scratch off the shed thing!!!!

PS-My reward when I've lost 10 more pounds - a NEW workout video! YIPEEEE! I will keep you posted I'm sure!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

I've got two workout videos gathering dust. Mark that off your list and reward yourself with something else (not a batch of cookies though LOL).

I am feeling real optimistic today though yesterday was a real bummer. First time hearing the C word is a shocker but we're gonna beat it next Thursday!

Love you,
Mom

5/09/2006 01:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My big eating time is when I go to sleep at night. I'll work on changing that. Call me anytime and I'll play with little ones.
Most of my waking moments today have been with my family in my mind just as you are always in my heart. Love ya, Nannaw

5/09/2006 05:16:00 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I am so happy for Kevin and Meredith. Did they have a boy or a girl?

5/09/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

love the new blog look!!!

5/11/2006 08:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you receive this and I hope that you remember me. I knewall of you "way back when". I enjoyed all of the blog and will keep up with you through this.
Lila Newton
If you have forgottetn, ask Doris!!!

6/01/2006 09:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home