what's important?




Okay, tonight I've been doing a "virtual stampin' night" with a group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators I'm in. It was really fun and a few of us have gotten really chatty on the email scene. Thought I would share some of my thoughts with you tonight, too!

One day last week I was visiting with Jeff and Carolyn and telling them how I've been feeling lately. I'm just sort of in a spiritual slump I suppose. I don't want this post to become overly whiny so I will leave it at that. Jeff, Mike, Brandi, and others tell me that it's not just me. Everyone seems to go through these times when things just aren't intense with the Lord as they are at other times (for lack of a better word). The good thing is that my moods change as quickly as Lilly's but God never does. Lil can be crying to beat the band one minute and then flash a grin at you bigger than Texas. No kidding; it's that fast! Thankfully I'm the same way. Yesterday I was grouchy but today I'm counting my blessings. I love looking at photos like this that remind me that there's so much more to life than everyday worries and concerns!

Here's some things I had begun to think were more important than they were:

Lilly's rash/eczema - - -rashes come and go and we now have medicine
Laundry piled to the ceiling - - -thankfully we have clothes to wear
Abby's "miss"behaving - - - I still have a few years of training and testing
House is a disaster - - -it bothers no one but me I've concluded
Gotta lose weight - - - I'm doing it!!!! YAY!!!! what's to obsess about?

What's really important? loving others in authentic relationships... I want to live on purpose for Christ no matter my circumstances, to glorify Him and be joyful about it (stolen from Jeff's life motto and changed up a bit)

Here's 2 pages that depict authenticity at it's best. Great-grandparents, I know there's 5 more of you out there but don't get jealous yet. Your pictures and pages are coming hopefully! Oh, and I worked and worked to do both photos of Mike the night Lilly was born...just was better to have one on the page so I had to show you the other one. It's one of those times I look at him in the picture and want to say, "Penny for your thoughts?"

Oh, and you probably can't read Mike's writing. He journaled to Lilly for me-isn't that awesome! It reads, "Lilly, you have changed so much and so fast. One thing that will never change is my love for you. You can hold my hand anytime. Daddy"

Now go think about what's really important in your own words! I've always been such a guarded person; I'm not sure what about the blog scene it is that makes me so free to share...thanks for listening and commenting!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

I know it. when I'm using safari i can't but when i'm using firefox i can for some reason. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the user :) i like safari because that's what i started out with on the mac and it is set to not count on my sitemeter. any help?

5/06/2006 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

So somebody let me know how to link to the names. Would love to do that.

Mike's words to Lilly made me cry. I'm so happy that my grandchildren (and you too Kristy) have such a great Dad. So many children now don't. So add that to the important list.

God has been working on me too lately about what is important in life. And the older you get, the shorter the time seems. Sometimes I wonder how much of my life has really been spent on the important. But then I remmeber that the two greatest commandments are about love and I have given and received bunches of love.

I'm still searching for what I want to do when I grow up.

5/06/2006 12:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Mom, call me when you are ready to link up within your text and I can walk you through it. no problem!

5/06/2006 10:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I showed Pappaw the photo of Mike with Lilly and what he said, then what he said about Pappaw. He didn't say a word right then, but later in the day he said "Well, I went by to see Mike, Kristy, and the girls but they weren't home." He was touched just like the rest of us.... Love ya, Nannaw

5/07/2006 11:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is BTW jeff? anyway I hope that your day is Sunny and Bright...remember what really matters today...put that on top of your list!!! love you my friend..I am finishing the semester tomorrow...I want to come hang out with my Monticello friends....maybe come to play group when do guys meet again?

5/08/2006 09:54:00 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

BTW means by the way. playgroup is tuesday morning at 9:30 ish... call me before you come!!! :) we'd love to have you and hudson!

5/08/2006 09:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home