kazoo for you!


Tonight is an interesting night at our house. I was in the living room feeding Lilly feeling sorry for myself and having a rotten attitude about, well, about everything....and hear "We are the Champions" by Mike coming from Abby's room - not sung but by kazoo. He's apparently taken up a new instrument. Then Abby yells at him, "Daddy, I'm through!" All you parents out there know what that means and if you don't, just don't even ask....so then I hear kazoo song "oops I did it again" :)

It was perfect timing for him to make me laugh so hard I just about wet my pants (speaking of "oops, i did it again"). For some reason I've been in a funk lately. Truthfully, I think I know why I'm singin the blues...it's all because the Lord is dealing with me and the heat is turned up!


*now I'm hearing Hank Williams Jr. "Country Boy can Survive" by kazoo


*new song "taps" if you can imagine by kazoo, how am i even typing?...


*new song "Freebird"

I will do another post and address this important issue after the girls are asleep (if I'm not asleep too) and the kazoo has been hidden! Til' then, happy humming to you and yours!

PS-Thanks for making me laugh Mike, even when I'm in a bad mood and it frustrates me that you're getting me to laugh when I want to sulk for a while. I love that about you!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristy,may I borrow your blog just a minute? I went by your house this afternoon wanting so much to see all of you. It is a joy to see you and Mike being parents. Seems like day before yesterday that you'd go home with me to McGehee to spend the night and PLAY. Today I played with Abby on her new swing, then heard Lilly waking in the house. She smiled at me just as if she didn't want to miss anything. Abby and I read to her--3 library books 2 times each. You let us PLAY and I left feeling high. You were so sweet to me. Mike came in needing you and the girls too so he PLAYED his kazoo and probably sang too.
Now I think you might have needed me to cheer you. I promise I'll be ready anytime. I'll read to you, put your socks and shoes on, find you when you play hide and seek, and do all those things great-greatmothers are supposed to do.
I love you so much and hope you feel better tomorrow. Nannaw

5/03/2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Diana Harton said...

lol...do you think Mike could learn Amazing Grace by Sunday....I think the band could really use a kazoo.

5/04/2006 05:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got it.

5/04/2006 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Kristy... can I say what a relief it is that someone else's husband does things of this nature? ;)

5/05/2006 08:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home