more pages






Here's the rest of the pages I did Friday night. I encourage you to make memories! It's the everyday moments that I love to scrapbook the best...

Also, use your handwriting. In the age of email and internet, handwriting is fast becoming a thing of the past. I cherish the things I have that are written like cards and letters from my grandparents (I even have birthday cards from my first birthday), recipes in Granny's handwriting jotted down on spiral notebook paper, Dad's Bible with his handwritten notes and dates scribbled in the margin, mine and Mike's baby books written in our Mom's hand,etc. Plus it's cool to just know that that person once held the item in their own hand!

So, all this to say, use your handwriting no matter what you think of it. Send someone a real card that really requires $.40 to mail and takes a day or two to get there.Most people don't like their own handwriting but it is so unique for each individual. Someday someone will look at these pages and say, Great Grandma Kristy wrote this in the late 1900's and early 2000's or something similar. And practice- you can tweak it how you like it and make it better and better :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tweak your handwriting? Ive worked on mine for 30 years and still get comments daily about how bad it is.
Can i get an amen from anyone thats seen my writing?

4/17/2006 09:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, you're such a good daddy I don't care what your handwriting looks like. Kristy, you make me want to work on our family stuff I have collected in boxes. I need to get rid of all this thread and junk so I can salvage some of our treasures. Nannaw

4/17/2006 10:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how sweet..........

4/19/2006 11:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home