Extreme Makeover Canine Edition





Our faithful friend, Dax, got a haircut. He's ready for the army now! I cried all the way home because he just didn't seem like the same dog when I picked him up. I barely recognized him. Some of you will be shocked the next time you see him. Abby said, "Wow, he's skinny now!" Weighing in at almost 75 pounds that's not even in his vocabulary. The vet had to use his horse shears to cut through the thick undercoat. Poor, poor, hairy old Dax...

This brings new meaning to the term 'buzz cut'!

PS- Mike would probably warn you to do all your laughing before you come over...I'm still a tad postpartum (how long can I claim this?)!

pss-This didn't load the pics in order but I bet you can pick out the 'before' shot

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dax dosen't look too upset to me! In fact he looks very content to be back inside with Abby!! Anyway, it had to be hot with all that fur and it WILL grow back.....I promise!!!
Mel

4/20/2006 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet he feels GOOD!!!! Gracie has an appt to have her haircut too!!! I know summer will be better for them. Of course I don't think Gracie's hair will be quite as extreme as Dax's.

4/20/2006 11:18:00 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Looks like "Dax the Lion Queen" to me with that little puff on his tail. He is not nearly as traumatized as you and Mike are.

4/20/2006 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home